OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
General Rules. These Official Rules apply generally to any sweepstakes promotion (each “the Sweepstakes”) sponsored by Rao’s Specialty Foods, Inc. (“Sponsor”) that are conducted in the United States, over a global computer network, and have an aggregate prize value of under $5000.00. Contest, sweepstakes and promotions that do not fit the above-referenced criteria will have dedicated terms and conditions accessible from the entry page. Specific details related to entry, prizing and other special terms for any specific sweepstakes promotion (“Specific Promotion”) will be digitally posted on the Giveaway Announcement or social media post (“Giveaway Announcement”) of the Specific Promotion and will outline any additional information or special notices relating to the Sweepstakes (the Official Rules and the Specific Promotion details, collectively these “Rules”).
Eligibility: Unless otherwise noted in the Specific Promotion, the Sweepstakes is open and offered only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, including the District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age and have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry, and excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, and all other U.S. territories and possessions and where restricted or prohibited by law. You must have internet access, and for certain promotions, including certain of Instagram and TikTok promotions, you must have a mobile device prior to the start of the Specific Promotion. Employees of Rao’s Specialty Foods, Inc. and their immediate families (parent, child, sibling or spouse) and/or household members of respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, sales representatives, advertising and promotional agencies, and any other persons or entities associated with this promotion are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Entrants must have access to the Internet. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, local, and municipal laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
Sponsor:All Sweepstakes are sponsored by Rao’s Specialty Foods, Inc., 441 Bloomfield Avenue, Montclair, NJ, 07042. Additional sponsors, if any, will be noted in the Specific Promotion and will collectively be referred to as “Sponsor.”
Agreement to Official Rules:By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Sponsor, as final and binding, and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Rules.
Sweepstakes Period: All Specific Promotions shall include an “end” date on the Giveaway Announcement (the “Sweepstakes End Date”). All entries must be received by the Sweepstakes End Date and time to be eligible to win, according to Sponsor’s time clock. The end time, unless otherwise noted, will always be 11:59PM, Eastern time (regardless of Daylight Savings Time), according to Sponsor’s internal time clock. Sponsor is not responsible for any misdirected or otherwise late entries.
How to Enter: The method of entry is specific to the platform on which you enter (“Sweepstakes Platform”). Please see below for the details of the method of entry based on the Sweepstakes Platform indicated in the Specific Promotion. Only the entry method specified in the Specific Promotion is allowed. All other entries will be disregarded. Unless otherwise noted, only one entry per natural person per Specific Promotion.
- Sweepstakes Platforms:
- Register to Win: Register on Sponsor’s website for a chance to win. You will be required to include your name and email address in order to enter for a chance to win.
- Follow and Tag a Friend: For Tag a Friend Instagram promotions, you must have an Instagram account, which is free. If you don’t already have one, go to instagram.com to create your account. Once you are logged into your account you must follow the instructions in the Specific Promotion and (1) follow the Rao’s Homemade account (@raoshomemade), and tag a friend (or friends) in the specific Rao’s Homemade Instagram post using each friend’s @ username, for a chance to win. You must follow the specific account requested until at least the time the winners are drawn and announced in order to be eligible to win.
- Comment and Follow: For Comment and Follow Instagram promotions, you must have an Instagram account, which is free. If you don’t already have one, go to www.instagram.com to create your account. Once you are logged into your account you must follow the instructions in the Specific Promotion, follow the Rao’s Homemade account (@raoshomemade), and Comment on the Specific Promotion post as instructed, for a chance to win.
- Comment, Tag a Friend, and Follow. For Comment, Tag a Friend, and Follow Instagram promotions, you must have an Instagram account, which is free. If you don’t already have one, go to www.instagram.com to create your account. Once you are logged into your account you must follow the instructions in the Specific Promotion, follow the Rao’s Homemade account (@raoshomemade), and Comment on the Specific Promotion post as instructed, and then tag a friend for a chance to win.
- Post with Hashtag: For Post with Hashtag Instagram promotions, you must have an Instagram account, which is free. If you don’t already have one, go to www.instagram.com to create your account. Once you are logged into your account you must follow the instructions in the Specific Promotion, post a photo to your account with the required hashtags, as instructed, and always include #sweepstakes, for a chance to win. Any post that does not contain the term #sweepstakes will not be entered to win.
- Like and Comment to Win: For Like and Comment to Win Facebook promotions, you must have a Facebook account, which is free. If you don’t already have one, go to facebook.com to create your account. Once you have a Facebook account, “Like” Sponsor’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/raoshomemade/ and make a positive, non-defamatory comment on the Specific Promotion post, as instructed, for a chance to win.
- Re-Tweet To Win: For re-Tweet to Win Twitter promotions, you must have a Twitter account, which is free. If you don’t already have one, go to twitter.com to create your account. Once you have a Twitter account, re-Tweet the Sponsor’s Tweet as instructed in the Specific Promotion, for a chance to win.
- TikTok Post to Win: For TikTok Post to Win promotions, you must have a TikTok account, which is free. If you don’t already have one, download the app on your mobile device. Once you have a TikTok account, then create and post a video following the instructions in the Specific Promotion, using the unique required hashtag and #sweepstakes, for a chance to win. Additional abbreviated rules are on the Specific Promotion page.
FOR ALL POSTS THAT REQUIRE SUBMISSIONS. You may be asked to comment, submit a photo, or submit a video for a chance to win (“Submission”). Submissions will not be judged, but must adhere to these rules.
- Submissions must be original works of authorship, created by the person who enters the Submission.
- Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Submission from any source, nor may the Submission include third-party copyrighted material or artwork, without the copyright holder’s permission.
- By entering, Entrants warrant that the Submission does not infringe any third party’s rights, and that Entrants have obtained any necessary permissions from all relevant third parties (including those appearing in the Submission) to submit the Submission.
- Any images used in the Submission must be an original work of authorship under U.S. Copyright Law.
- All videos or images of any minor or third-party must have the permission of each minor’s parent or legal guardian, or of the third-party, authorizing the Submission and authorizing Sponsor’s right to use the Submission as set forth herein. Sponsor may contact you via phone or email requesting a minor or third-party release and if you are unable to produce such release you may forfeit any prize.
- Entrants may not be, nor may they use in the Submission parties who: 1) are represented under contract (e.g., by a talent agent or manager) that would limit or impair Sponsor’s ability to show the Submission in any media form; 2) have an acting or modeling contract that would make Entrants’/their appearance in the Submission a violation of any third party rights; 3) are under a merchandising agreement; or 4) are under any other contractual relationship, including but not limited to guild and/or union memberships, that may prohibit them from participating fully in this Contest, or from allowing Sponsor to use the Submission online, or in other venues or properties including in television and any and all media.
- Submissions must not violate the rights of any third parties, including intellectual property rights, rights of privacy, or any other rights held by third parties.
- Entrants hereby agree to indemnify Sponsor against any and all claims from any third party for any use by Sponsor of the Submission.
- Although Sponsor is not reviewing Submissions for copyright or trademark violations, if, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, it believes the Submission constitutes or may constitute copyright or trademark infringement, the Submission will be disqualified.
- Sponsor reserves the right to exclude any Submission that it believes, in its sole discretion, doesn’t meet this criteria, and to delete any such Submission from any and all location(s) under Sponsor’s control.
- No Submission shall portray Sponsor or any third party in a negative light.
- Please, do not use the Submission to launch personal attacks on anyone or any discernable product, including competitor products.
- Submission may not depict nudity, animal cruelty, or illegal activity or substance, or offensive or obscene subject matter as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or TikTok Account. If the method of entry in the Specific Promotion requires you to have a Third Party Platform (as defined in Section 18) account, you must be logged into your account to enter. If you are required to post on your account to enter, make sure the “Private Account” setting is turned off, or Sponsor won’t be able to see your entry and you won’t be able to participate in the Sweepstakes. By making this change to your account setting, you understand that all of your future posts on such Third Party Platform will be visible to the public. You agree to comply with all Third Party Platform terms and conditions.
Limit: Unless otherwise noted, the number of entries number of entries allowed per person shall be 1 per natural person, plus one per tagged person if the Specific Promotion allows it. A change in this limit shall be set forth in the Specific Promotion. Attempts to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, and logins, or any other methods, will void that Entrant’s entries and Entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
Sweepstakes Prize(s); Conditions: Upon confirmation of eligibility a winner will receive the prize(s) as set forth in the Specific Promotion. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prize(s) range from $5.00 to $150.00, and will be dependent on the prize awarded. Samples of prizes include:
- Pizza Kit: ARV $80.00
- Jar of Sauce: ARV $8.99
You will not be entitled to the difference between the stated ARV and the actual prize. For any promotion, the number of prizes and other applicable prize information will be set forth on the Giveaway Announcement for the Specific Promotion. Entering a sweepstakes is no guarantee you will win a prize. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason.
Winning a prize may be a taxable event, depending upon the ARV and how many times you have won in a calendar year. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner(s), and winner(s) are free to reject a prize. If a winner accepts a prize that triggers a tax, the winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded prize(s). All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from any Specific Promotion will be the sole responsibility of each winner who accepts a prize. Any and all other prize-related expenses associated with prize receipt and/or use, shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. Any prizes pictured in point-of-sale, online, television, and print advertising, in promotional packaging, and in other Sweepstakes materials may be for illustrative purposes only, and your prize may look different. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others. You may not request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted.
In some cases, the prize will be delivered as a coupon or electronic gift card for the ARV of the prize.
All details and other restrictions of the prize(s) not specified in these Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prize limits, if any, will be set forth in the Specific Promotion.
Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received before the Sweepstakes End Date.
Winner Selection and Notification:You will be notified in the manner consistent with the method of entry used in the Specific Promotion you entered. Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winner is final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Within one (1) week following the end of the Sweepstakes Period Sponsor will select the number of potential winners set forth in the Specific Promotion in a random drawing of all valid entries received. The potential winners will be contacted by being tagged in the Giveaway Announcement comment section or by direct message for Instagram, Facebook, TikTok or Twitter. The potential winner will be contacted via email for Register to Win. Any other contact methods not set forth here will be listed on the Giveaway Announcement of the Specific Promotion. In many cases, potential winner will have to provide email address information and mailing addresses.Unless otherwise noted in the Specific Promotion, potential winners will have forty-eight (48) hours to respond and claim the prize. If no response is received in 48 hours, Sponsor may not award the prize. Pursuant to satisfaction of all requirements, the potential winner may also be sent a declaration of eligibility / liability / publicity release (“Release”). Unless restricted by law, the potential winner will be required to complete and return the Release within five (5) days from the date of notification. An alternate potential winner may be chosen selected from among the remaining eligible entries if the potential winner fails to provide all necessary documentation pursuant to these Rules or cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason, or is otherwise disqualified for any reason.
For email communications, Sponsor shall have no liability for a potential winner’s failure to receive notices due to potential winner’s spam, junk e-mail or other security settings, or for potential winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
Prizes will be fulfilled as soon as reasonably possible after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
Publicity: By submitting an entry, any Entrant in the Sweepstakes, irrevocably grants the Sponsor and their respective successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use such Entrant’s, name and hometown (e.g. city and state), and the entry in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, commercial, advertising and promotional purposes as well as in, on or in connection with the Sponsor’s website or social media accounts, or the Sweepstakes or other promotions, and hereby releases the Sponsor from any liability with respect thereto, unless prohibited by law.
General Conditions:Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Such force majeur conditions include without limitation weather or communications malfunctions, pandemic, mail delivery delays, and other issues. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Rules of this or any other promotion, or in an unsportspersonlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. These Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. In the event Sponsor makes changes to these rules, those changes will not affect any ongoing Specific Promotion and will take effect after the Specific Promotion.The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release, discharge, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, the prize providers and each of their respective parents, including without limitation, Sovos Brands, officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) any damage to an entrant’s, or any other person’s property, computer system or mobile phone which is occasioned by participating in the Sweepstakes; (4) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (5) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (6) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein.
Disputes:Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the Sweepstakes or the determination of the winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate New Jersey State Court located in the County of Essex; (iii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New Jersey, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New Jersey or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New Jersey.
Third Party Platforms: If this Sweepstakes is hosted, administered, or operated on a third party platform, including without limitation a social media platform (e.g. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or TikTok) (“Third Party Platform”), then by participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants hereby release and agree to comply with all rules, policies and guidelines set forth by such Third Party Platform. Please note that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to these Third Party Platforms. Unless otherwise stated to the contrary in these Rules, this Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Third Party Platform. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes must be directed to Sponsor only, and NOT to any Third Party Platform.
- Winner List:To request confirmation of the name of the winner(s), please check the Giveaway Announcement, which should identify the winner in the comments’ section. In the event the method of notification is not public, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line of WINNERS LIST, and provide a link to Specific Promotion, along with the Sweepstakes End Date. We must receive your request within 90 days of the Sweepstakes End Date.
Categories of Information
Specific Types Collected in the Last 12 Months
Internet and Other Electronic and Network Activity
Metadata and Geolocation Data
Consumer Payment Information
Credit or debit card and bank or other financial account numbers (if the user provided it to complete a transaction).
Purchasing history, public records, and information and records from past transactions.
Customer Profile and Information
Personal information we collect from users may be correlated with consumer and market data from other sources to build profiles of, anticipate, and track the preferences, needs and interests of individuals or groups of individuals. See the section below titled “How We Collect Personal Information” for more details.
Types of Information Automatically Collected when You Visit Our Websites.
We (and certain vendors we work with) automatically collect and store data about visitors to our websites and other online services using cookies and other online tracking technologies, including:
- Identification: Information about the user’s prior visits to our websites or use of our online services, including any username and password or other credentials used to access the account and any other personalized services.
- Device: The IP address, browser type and operating system, and other information about the device used to access our websites or services.
- Usage: device’s browsing history, search history, and stored information related to the device’s interactions with our websites and certain other websites, applications and ads.
- Location information: The IP address and other location information that may be transmitted by a user’s mobile device. Whether this information is transmitted, how specific it is and how much of it there is depends on what type of device the user is using and how it is configured.
Data collected this way might not identify you on its own, but may be combined with information from other sources to identify your interests and preferences. We may use the information derived from these technologies for data analytics, personalized advertising and other marketing purposes.
In some cases, we use third-party service providers to help us provide and administer our websites and other online services, or to administer and provide them (or certain features of them) to you on our behalf. Those third-party service providers may also collect and use the types of data described above; however, our policy is to place restrictions on what they can do with that information. For more information on what types of third-party service providers we use and what they do with the data we collect, see the sections below titled “When and Why We Share Personal Information and Who We Share It With,” particularly subsections on “Service Providers,” “Payment Processors,” “Data Analytics Services and Cookies” and “Third-Party Ad Services.”
For more information about the technologies described above, including how they function, why we use them, and some steps you can generally take to restrict them, see the sections titled “How We Use Personal Information” and “How You Can Restrict Internet Tracking Technologies and Personalized Advertising.”
How We Collect Personal Information.
As described above, we generally collect personal information directly from you, when (1) you affirmatively communicate it to us, (2) you transact business with us, or (3) it is automatically collected electronically when you use our websites or other electronic services. Outside of that, we may collect personal information about our own users from third-party sources, and may combine it with other information (including information we have collected directly from users) to update, expand and analyze our records, to identify new customers, and to offer or provide products and services that are tailored to individual users’ interests. Those other sources of personal information include:
- Third Parties: Other businesses that we share marketing and prospective customer information with, either because they provide services to us, or they provide services to you on our behalf or work with us to provide services to you;
- Databases: Public and commercial databases, including marketing research and analytics resources that we may get demographic information from (for example, about the age, sex, household income, job industries and job titles of individuals); and
- How We Use Personal Information.
We use personal information to:
- Provide users with information about our products and service their requests;
- Communicate with users about our products and services (such as pricing, availability, special events and other information we believe they may be interested in);
- Connect users with our products and certain other products or services we think might be of interest to them;
- Customize content we deliver to users on our websites;
- Provide customer support and troubleshooting;
- Conduct transactions;
- Send users notices about things like account status, transactions and promotions (including, in particular, using cookies and other tracking technologies to send email communications to users that put items into their online “cart,” but not complete their purchase, including those without a user account);
- Analyze the performance of our websites and provide users with ads based on their interests;
- Conduct research on our websites’ visitors to improve our sites and services and for use in our business and product planning;
- Develop anonymized and aggregated data for market research and performance analysis;
- Facilitate Sovos’s performance and management of logistics, operational support, research and development, marketing, business planning, and other business functions for Rao’s; and
- Conduct any other legitimate business activities.
- When and Why We Share Personal Information and Who We Share It With.
We may use and share any of the information we collect, including personal information, in whatever ways we believe are reasonable and consistent with fair business practices and the law. This includes sharing personal information of each of the types described above with the following categories of third parties for the following reasons:
- Joint Promotions. We may conduct joint promotions together with other companies, which may involve sharing certain personal information with them (and their service providers) as necessary to conduct the promotion. We will not share this information with them for any other purpose without your consent. Promotions may be governed by their own sets of official rules. If you participate in one, you are agreeing to those additional rules, which may require you to provide certain additional information or consents to us, to third parties involved in the promotion, or to the public.
- Service Providers. We employ third parties to perform technology, administrative, marketing, advertising, customer service and other business functions for us, or on our behalf (described in more detail below). These service providers may have access to personal information to perform their functions on behalf of our business, but they are not permitted to use it for their own commercial purposes.
- Payment Processors. Third-party payment processors may process payments for products and services that users request. When you provide information to a payment processor, it is subject to its own terms, conditions and policies, and not ours. We are not responsible in any way for such information.
- Data Analytics Services and Cookies. When you use our websites and online services, third-party data analytics services such as Google Analytics may collect data about you and your activities, including personal information, using cookies, pixels, tracking beacons and similar technologies. These parties may also use the aggregated data they collect on our websites for their own business purposes. We recommend learning about how Google collects and processes such data at https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites, and about your rights related that data and their collection of it, including controls available to manage collection and use of your information, at https://policies.google.com/privacy. For more information on how to manage your data, see the section below titled “How You Can Restrict Tracking Technologies and Personalized Advertising.”
- Third-Party Ad Services. We may use third-party marketing and advertising services to help us identify, and reach, individuals who may be interested in our products and services. These services also may help us to deliver marketing campaigns through general or personalized digital advertising, direct e-mail messages, postal mailings, and print publications. We may share aggregated information, such as demographics and statistics, with them, and we use commercially reasonable measures to remove information that identifies you individually. These campaigns may involve placement of advertisements on websites, services and apps owned and operated by other companies. When you use those other websites, services and apps, the businesses that own and operate them may set their own cookies or use other web technologies to collect personal information about you. That collection, and their use of that information, is governed by their own privacy policies and terms and conditions, and not ours. For more information, see the sections titled “How You Can Restrict Tracking Technologies and Personalized Advertising” and “How to Opt Out of Promotional Emails” below.
- Business Transactions. We reserve the right to disclose or transfer your personal information in connection with a business transaction such as a financing, reorganization, merger, or substantial sale of a business.
- Third-Party Platforms. Our websites may contain links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by us. Please recognize that when you click such a link, you are leaving our website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any other sites or services, whether we link to them or not. We encourage you to read the terms, conditions and privacy policies of the other sites and services you use.
We retain your personal information as long as necessary to provide you with services and products you request, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements and serve other legitimate business purposes. We may also retain and use user information for our legitimate marketing purposes (unless you instruct us to stop sending communications to you: see the section titled “How You Can Opt Out of Promotional Emails” below).
- How You Can Opt Out of Promotional Emails.
If you subscribe to emails from us, you can choose to stop receiving such email messages by following the “unsubscribe” instructions located near the bottom of each email. Please note that opt-out requests may take up to 10 days to be effective. Even if you opt out of promotional emails, you may still receive non-promotional communications, such as about your accounts or purchases with us.
- How You Can Restrict Tracking Technologies and Personalized Advertising.
You can control how cookies and other internet and similar technologies track and log data about your internet use and deliver personalized ads to you on our websites and others. These controls include:
- Browser Settings. Managing the settings of your browsers, apps and devices, including preferences for how your content and information are stored;
- Flash Cookies. Managing flash cookies (which are used to display personalized ads) by clicking here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html;
Third-Party Data Collectors. Communicating directly with third parties that may collect data on websites you visit, such as:
- Google: https://policies.google.com/privacy;
- Adobe: https://www.adobe.com/privacy.html;
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation; and
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/en/privacy;
- Security Software Purchasing software that can be installed install on your devices to limit third parties’ ability to track your browsing activity;
- Digital Advertising Alliance. Visiting http://optout.aboutads.info to learn more about personalized advertising and how to opt out of it through your browser with companies in the Digital Advertising Alliance;
- Do-Not-Track Requests. Enabling your browser’s Do Not Track (“DNT”) function to automatically request websites not track you. DNT requests are only honored by some advertisers and websites. Our websites do not respond to DNT signals.
- Social Media Activities and Links to Other Websites.
Likewise, if you click on a third-party link or ad on our website, you will be transferred away from our website and onto the third party’s site. The companies that control third party internet sites, mobile applications, and services may collect your IP address and information that originated from our services and set cookies to enable their features to function and track your usage. Any links we may provide to third-party websites, mobile applications, or social media platforms, are not endorsements of their contents, and we are in no way responsible for them or your use of them. Your interactions with any Third-Party Social Media Services and third-party websites, mobile applications and services are governed by their respective terms, conditions and policies, which you should consult before submitting or allowing any collection of personal information by them. This includes Third-Party Social Media Service functions embedded in or accessible from our own websites (such as links to Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter links, and the Facebook “like” and Twitter “retweet” buttons).
- Protection of Personal Information.
We use commercially reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate for the nature of the personal information we collect. However, we cannot guarantee your personal information will be completely secure from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, or alteration. Electronic storage and transmission of information inherently involves risk. To protect the security of any accounts you may use on our websites, we recommend you use a complex password that is different from ones you use elsewhere, do not share them with others, and, if written down, store them securely. Remember to log out when you finish using your account to prevent others from accessing your information.
We will NEVER ask your social security number, taxpayer identification number or similarly sensitive private security information. If you are ever asked to provide such information, it will not be by us. We are not in any way responsible for information you share with third parties, including when making transactions and using your credit and debit cards. We encourage you to follow established security protocols and verify the identities of any parties you share information with in any online transaction.
- International Users.
- How to Access and Manage Your Personal Information.
You can correct, update, or make changes to the information we have about you by contacting us using one of the methods in the section titled “How to Contact Us” below. You may request we not use your information to provide services to you by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail to the address below.
- How to Contact Us.
- email to: email@example.com
- telephone at: 1-800-466-3623 (1-800-HOMEMADE); or
- mail to: Rao’s Homemade
c/o Sovos Brands
1901 4th Street, Suite 200
Berkeley, California, U.S.A. 94710
Attention: General Counsel
- Notices and Rights for California Consumers.
This section provides additional information under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended (the “CCPA”), and other California consumer protection laws. This section applies only to consumers who reside in the State of California; it does not apply to personal information we collect about our personnel in our role as their employer or to personal information of California residents which we may collect through our business-to-business communications in connection with their role in their employer’s organization. For the purposes of this section, “personal information” also includes information that can reasonably identify a specific household as well as a specific individual.
Notice of Collection of Personal Information.
- Section 2. Personal Information We Collect.
- Section 3. How We Use Personal Information.
- Section 4. When and Why We Share Personal Information and Who We Share It With.
Your Right to Opt-Out of Sale of Personal Information.
Under the CCPA, a California resident is entitled to instruct a business that sells consumers’ personal information not to sell his or her own personal information. We DO NOT sell your personal information.
The CCPA also gives California residents a right to know about personal information collected, disclosed and sold by covered businesses and a right to request deletion of certain personal information. Instructions for how to exercise those rights are below.
Your Right to Know the Personal Information We Collect, Disclose, or Sell.
California residents have the right to know the following about the personal information a covered business has collected, disclosed or sold about him or her or about his or her household:
- Categories Collected in the Last 12 Months: For a description of the types of information we have collected in the last 12 months, see Section 2 (“What Information We Collect”) above.
- Sources of Personal Information: A description of the sources we collect information can be found in Section 2 (“What Information We Collect”) above, particularly in the subsection titled “How We Collect Personal Information.”
- Business Purposes for which Personal Information Is Collected: The purposes for which we collect personal information are described in Section 3 (“How We Use Personal Information”) above.
- Business Purposes for which Personal information Is Sold: As noted above, we do not sell your personal information.
- What Third Parties We Share Personal Information With and the Business Purposes for Sharing It: We may share any one or more, or all, of the categories of personal information described in Section 2 above for any of the purposes and with any of the third parties described in Section 4 (“When and Why We Share Personal Information and Who We Share It With”) above.
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose and sell about you specifically (the “Right to Know”), subject to certain legal restrictions.
You may submit a Right to Know request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and including “California Right to Know Request” in the subject line; or by calling us toll-free at: 1-800-466-3623 (1-800-HOMEMADE).
Your Right to Delete Personal Information.
California consumers also have the right to request that we delete any personal information about them we may have collected, subject to certain exclusions permitted by law (“Right to Delete”). For example, we are not required to delete personal information if it is needed to complete a transaction, reasonably used for an ongoing business relationship, or used internally in a lawful manner compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
If a Right to Delete request is confirmed and verified, we will delete the information from our records and direct any relevant service providers to do the same, unless an exclusion applies. If we are unable to fulfill all or part of your request, we will let you know why (for example, if the information is subject to an exclusion or the requesting person’s identity cannot be verified).
You may submit a Right to Delete request by emailing email@example.com and including “California Right to Delete Request” in the subject line; or by calling us toll-free at: 1-800-466-3623 (1-800-HOMEMADE).
How to Make a Verifiable California Consumer Request.
Before we can respond to a Right to Know or a Right to Delete request, we are required to verify the identity and authority of the person submitting it (and, for requests made by an agent, their relationship with the individual on whose behalf the request is made). Thus, we may require confirmation of certain information, including your email address, phone number, full name, address and other personal information. We reserve the right to deny a verifiable request if the identity or authority of the requesting party cannot be confirmed.
How We Will Respond to a California Consumer Request.
We will confirm receipt of any Right to Know or Right to Delete request within 10 days of receipt and respond to it within 45 days of receipt, subject to delays and exclusions permitted by law. We may request additional information to verify that you are permitted to make the request. If we require more than 45 days to respond, we may extend the response time by up to 45 additional days, in which case we will notify you in writing of the extension and the reason for it. We will respond using the email or postal address provided in the request.
For a Right to Know request, our response will cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of the request. If we cannot comply with all or part of your request, we will provide an explanation. For requests to provide data, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information readily from one entity to another.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to a verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why and provide you a cost estimate before completing the request.
Right to Designate an Authorized Agent.
You as a California resident you have the right to designate an authorized agent to submit an Opt-Out Right notice, a Right to Know request or Right to Delete request. This may be a person or business registered with the California Secretary of State. An agent must submit written proof of its authority. You may submit verifiable consumer requests on behalf of your minor children.
Protection from Discrimination for Exercising California Consumer Rights.
We will not discriminate against a California consumer for exercising any of the rights described in this section. This means that (except as legally permitted) we will not:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services (including by granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties);
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggest that your prices, rates or quality of goods or services will differ.
Financial Incentive Programs.
California law allows businesses to offer certain financial or service incentives to encourage consumers to provide certain information. If we wish to begin selling personal information and offer you such a benefit program, we will provide a written “Notice of Financial Incentive” describing its material terms, and you will only be enrolled if you affirmatively opt in to the program. You may revoke that opt-in at any time. Any Notice of Financial Incentive will explain the process for opting in and out of the program. As mentioned above, though, we do not sell any personal information at this time.
California “Shine the Light” Law.
Under California Civil Code §1798.83, California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and receive, once per calendar year, information about the customer information shared, if any, with other businesses for their direct marketing uses. The requesting resident is provided the categories of customer information and the names and addresses the businesses that acquired it in the prior calendar year. You may request this information by contacting us as provided in the “How to Contact Us” section above and indicating “Request for California Privacy Information – Shine the Light Law.” Not all sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” law; only covered information-sharing will be included in any response.