@dannylovespasta’s Rao’s Homemade Casarecce with Creamy Tomato & Butternut Squash Sauce
Rated 4.0 stars by 1 users
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut the butternut squash in half lengthwise. If it is difficult to cut, microwave it for 3-4 minutes until the outer layer is soft. Scoop out the seeds and place the two halves face up on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook until soft enough to pierce with a fork, about 35 minutes.
- When squash is done cooking, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add Rao’s Homemade Casarecce Pasta. Cook for 9-10 minutes until al dente, and then drain.
- Meanwhile, puree squash in a food processor and then place in a large sauce pan along with Rao’s Homemade Marinara Sauce. Stir together and cook over medium heat until warm.
- Stir in heavy cream and Parmesan and cook until the cheese has melted.
- Turn off heat and add mozzarella and Rao’s Homemade Casarecce pasta. Stir together until cheese has melted and the Rao’s Homemade Casarecce Pasta is well covered with butternut squash sauce.