- 4 cups grated zucchini (about 6 zucchini)
- 1/4 cup Rao’s Homemade® Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup flour or rice flour
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° degrees.
- Grate zucchini, squeeze water out of grated zucchini with your hands, then spread out on a few layers of paper towel. Roll the zucchini up in the paper towel and press firmly to remove as much moisture as possible.
- In large mixing bowl, combine zucchini with Rao’s Homemade® Sun Dried Tomato Pesto, egg, flour, salt and black pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pan fry fritters by adding heaping spoonfuls (about 1/4 cup) of zucchini mixture into the pan and pressing down with a spatula to flatten.
- Cook about 2 minutes per side.
- Fry 2 to 4 fritters at a time depending on the size if your pan, leaving enough room that fritters are not touching each other. Fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer fritters to a baking sheet and bake at 400° for 10 to 12 minutes. Serve hot.