- One 24 oz. jar Rao’s Homemade® Marinara Sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 slices each mild cheddar, provolone and mozzarella
- 4 thin slices prosciutto ham
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the Rao’s Homemade® Marinara Sauce to a blender along with the water and blend on medium speed until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium-sized pot and pour in the cream. Cook over low to medium heat until warmed. Finish with salt and pepper.
- Add the butter to a large griddle or frying pan over low to medium heat and place down the 8 slices of bread.
- Cook until browned, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip the bread over and place 1 slice each of cheddar, provolone, mozzarella, and prosciutto onto 1 piece of bread. Repeat on to 3 other slices of bread and cook on low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place the 4 slices of toasted bread with no cheese onto the bread with the cheese, making 4 grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Cook until the cheese is melted. Slice and serve alongside of the creamy tomato soup.