- 1/2 cup Rao’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound Rao’s Fusilli Pasta or Gluten Free Fusilli Pasta
- 1/2 pound diced fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2- 28 ounce cans of Rao’s Imported Italian Peeled Tomatoes, drain and reserve juice
- freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (optional)
- Combine first three ingredients with a little reserved juice from the tomatoes.
- Let marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Chop the tomatoes.
- Cook Rao’s Fusilli Pasta or Gluten Free Fusilli Pasta in a large pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente, according to package directions.
- In a large bowl toss drained pasta, tomatoes, olive oil mixture and gradually add diced mozzarella and toss again.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (optional).