- One 13oz. jar Rao’s Homemade® Margherita Pizza Sauce
- 6 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup course chopped kale
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 lb. bacon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- Fresh pizza dough or make your own (recipe follows)
To Make Your Own Pizza Dough
- 3 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 envelope instant dry yeast
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tbsp. + 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Mix ingredients in mixer or food processor until thoroughly combined. Remove and place in a bowl; cover with a towel. Let rise for 2 hours, or until dough has doubled in size.
- Roll out and place on oiled sheet pan and allow to rise for another 1/2 hour.
- Place dough on oiled sheet pan and allow to rise for 1/2 hour.
- Cover unbaked dough with thin layer of Rao’s Homemade® Margherita Pizza Sauce.
- Spread cheese evenly on pizzas then add toppings.
- Bake pizzas at 475° degrees uncovered on the top and bottom racks if cooking two or the middle rack if cooking one. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.