- Cook and drain pasta according to package instructions. Set aside.
- In large saucepan melt butter, add flour, salt and pepper. Whisk until blended well.
- Pour milk and cream gradually, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes stirring. Add shredded cheese gradually. Mix until cheese melts. Remove from heat.
- Add pasta to the saucepan and toss to coat with the cheese sauce.
- Transfer to a buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes.
*Alternative cooking method to make “Rao’s Macaroni and Cheese Muffins” – After step 5, spoon macaroni mixture into muffin cups lightly coated with Rao’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Bake at 350°F until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle the tops with breadcrumbs and continue baking until the tops are golden brown, about 5 minutes more.