- 1 jar Rao’s Roasted Red Peppers with Pine nuts, drained well (save the oil)
- 1 jar Rao’s Grilled Artichokes, drained well (put 1/2 jar aside for garnish)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 small onion
- 2 tablespoons Rao’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bag Rao’s Penne Rigate or Rao’s Penne Rigate Whole Wheat Pasta
- 1 jar Rao’s Grilled Green Olives (for garnish)
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add your preferred Rao’s Pasta, we used Rao’s Penne Rigate, and cook until al dente according to package directions. Remove, rinse under cool water, drain well and set aside.
- Drizzle a little Rao’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil into a saute pan and lightly fry 1/2 of a small onion (cut into small pieces) and garlic, until onions are glazed.
- Meanwhile, drain the Rao’s Roasted Red Peppers with Pine Nuts & Rao’s Grilled Artichokes very well and add to food processor. Start with lightly pulsing the artichokes then add the red peppers, fried onion and garlic. (Pulse in food processor until the mixture is the consistency of coarse salsa).
- Stir in Rao’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Coat the pasta lightly with the oil from peppers.
- Combine pasta with diced vegetables from food processor, stir through gently.
- Garnish with saved artichokes & sliced green olives.
- Serve immediately.