- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ pound ground beef
- ⅓ pound ground veal
- ⅓ pound ground pork
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jar Rao’s Homemade® Marinara or Tomato Basil Sauce
- 2 pounds lasagna noodles
- 3 pounds ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 to 4 fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- 1 ½ cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp parsley
PREPARE GROUND MEATS
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add ground meats, salt, and pepper.
- Saute meat until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the meat from the pan and set aside.
PREPARE LASAGNA NOODLES
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the lasagna noodles and cook until al dente, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Drain and lay tile noodles on paper towels and pat dry.
PREPARE RICOTTA MIXTURE
- Combine the ricotta, 1 cup of grated cheese, eggs, salt and pepper, and 1 tablespoon of parsley in a large mixing bowl. Set aside. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly cover the bottom of an 11 x 16-inch baking dish with Rao’s Homemade® Marinara or Tomato Basil Sauce.
- Arrange a slightly overlapping layer of lasagna noodles to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Dot the lasagna noodles with large spoonfuls of the ricotta mixture and ground meats, spread.
- Add some shredded mozzarella, and parmesan cheese.
- Layer the second row of lasagna noodles, more sauce, ricotta cheese, ground meats, mozzarella cheese and a sprinkle of parmesan.
- Repeat with one more layer of noodles, sauce, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake until tile cheese is melted and the bubbly, about 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake until tile top layer is lightly browned, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh basil.