- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 Italian sausages
- 1 each seeded and sliced red, yellow and green bell peppers
- 1/2 peeled and sliced red onion
- 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 1 24-ounce jar of Rao’s Homemade® Arrabbiata Sauce
- 6 cups of water
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups of cornmeal
- Add the oil to a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Place the sausages into the pan and cook until browned and cooked through out, about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the sausages and set aside. Add the peppers, onions and mushrooms to the pan and roast over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the sausages back into the frying pan and mix in the Rao’s Homemade® Arrabbiata Sauce until combined and cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Keep warm.
- Add 6 cups of water to a medium size pot and bring to a boil.
- Sprinkle in the salt and pour in the cornmeal while continuing to whisk.
- Whisk often and cook over low heat until the cornmeal has been cooked, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Serve the cornmeal alongside the sausage and peppers.