- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 16 colossal (U-12) shrimp, peeled, deveined, butterflied
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 jar Rao’s Homemade® Arrabbiata Sauce
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- Line a plate with paper towels and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook until the garlic begins to shimmer in the pan.
- Using kitchen tongs, carefully place the shrimp into the pan and saute for 1 minute on each side, or until the shrimp begin to turn opaque.
- Transfer shrimp to the paper towel-lined plate.
- Add Rao’s Homemade® Arrabbiata Sauce to the pan and bring to a simmer.
- Return shrimp and add basil to pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with more basil.
- Tip: freshly squeezed lemon can be a great tangy add on at the end.