Basil Pesto Crusted Salmon
- Four 4 oz. boneless salmon steaks, skin on
- 1/2 cup Rao’s Homemade® Basil Pesto
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- One 16 oz. package dry orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped broad leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- 4 tbsp. butter or olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic, about 2 large cloves
- 1/2 tsp. salt and fresh ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 2 1/2 cups chopped Roma tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, sliced
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400° degrees. Line a shallow baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In medium mixing bowl combine bread crumbs, olive oil and Rao’s Homemade® Basil Pesto.
- Sprinkle sea salt and pepper on the salmon
- Place salmon skin side down on parchment paper
- Using a spoon, spatula or fingers, spread Rao’s Homemade® Basil Pesto and bread crumb mixture thinly over each steak
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- While baking salmon, cook orzo according to package instructions.
- In a large serving bowl, mix pasta, tomatoes, parsley, parmesan, olive oil, lemon juice, chopped garlic, salt and pepper.
- In a medium serving bowl, combine margherita salad ingredients and toss.
- Serve salmon on a bed of orzo with margherita salad on the side.