- Preheat oven at 375°F.
- Lightly oil 12-cup mini muffin tin with Rao’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Heat 2 tablespoons Rao’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil in medium sized skillet. Remove sausage casing and add sausage to pan. Break apart sausage into fine pieces and cook until browned, about 4-6 minutes.
- Drain any excess fat from pan and add 1 jar Rao’s Marinara Sauce.
- Season ricotta cheese with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Place one wonton wrapper into each mini muffin tin while leaving an opening in the center of each for layers of filling.
- Place 1 tablespoon ricotta cheese in each wonton wrapper. Then top with 1 tablespoon of the marinara/sausage mixture and 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese.
- Layer a second wonton into each mini muffin cup and then repeat step 7.
- Bake in oven for 10-11 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the wonton wrappers are golden brown.
- Garnish with finely chopped, flat leaf Italian parsley and serve immediately.
Makes 2 batches.