- Shape meatball mixture into balls (1 1/2 – 2 inches).
- Heat Rao’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large sautè pan. When oil is very hot, but not smoking, fry meatballs in batches. When bottom half of meatball is very brown and slightly crisp turn and cook top half. Remove from heat and drain on paper towels.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat Rao’s Garden Vegetable Sauce.
- Cut cheese slices into four equal quarters.
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- Spread one tablespoon of sauce over bottom of bun, add meatball, top with sauce and one slice of cheese. Place on baking sheet, repeat for all.
- Bake in oven until cheese melts.